Okay, time to fess up… are you guilty of the following misconception? “I already have a picture of me in a blazer … what more could my digital marketing possibly need?” This is the false mindset I’ve seen so many people fall into – just because no one told them any better! Digital marketing and social media have become the new frontier of business success. ALL of the the fastest growing social media networks are photo based. Studies show that images have a special way of helping our brains gain, process, and remember information in a more effective way than just plain text can. Photos have become a universal language that allows for the quick and easy transfer of information in a visually appealing way! Another beauty of this digital focused era, is that images allow your fans and customers to help spread your marketing too and make your job easier! If that’s not enough to convince you, here are just a few more reasons why YOUR marketing needs images!
- Did you know that articles with images get 94% more total views?!
- 60% of consumers are more likely to contact a business if an image shows up in local search results
- Press release with photo or video have over 45% more viewership
- Viewers spend 10% more time looking at pictures than they do reading content
- Facebook engagement rates are 37% on photos than engagement rates on plain text posts
- 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is “very important” in their purchasing decision
- Customers even report that the quality of images that a business uses is at least 50% more important than detailed information and ratings and reviews in their purchasing decision – wow!